- Medicare is the largest health insurance program offered by the U.S. government, serving more than 49 million US citizens.
- Medicare is divided into Parts A, B, C and D. Parts A and B are called the “Original Medicare.”
- Medicare covers Americans 65 and older and those who qualify due to a disability.
- At age 65, all US citizens are eligible for Parts A and B, even if you are still working. You may also be eligible for Medicare if your spouse is a “qualified wage earner,” or if you are disabled.
- You can verify your Medicare-eligibility status by visiting medicare.gov or calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24/7. If you use TTY, you can call 1-877-486-2048.
Worry free Medicare Assistance
You need Medicare coverage. Now, how do you decide what plan is best for you? Before you begin the enrollment process, let Steve help you determine your healthcare and prescription drug needs as well as when you need your coverage to begin.
If you have already been enrolled in the Medicare program, talk to Steve to make sure you have the right protection and maybe even save some money.